Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Arrival

Image via www. impawards.com
 
 
My heart is in a world of water and crystal,
My clothes are damp in this time of spring rains.
Through the gates I walk on to the end,
The inner court the appointed tranquil space.
I reach the doors- they open and shut again,
Now strikes the bell- the meal time has arrived.
 
- 杜甫 (Du Fu ), from "In Abbot Zan's Room at Dayun Temple: Four Poems (1)
 
 
Meal time has arrived. 
 
For those of us who spend our time devouring NBA information, the latter half of the off-season was a desolate time. We were thrown scraps of Carmelo trade rumors, but were largely left to subsist on regurgitated training camp story-lines. Yesterday, those days of scarcity came to an end. Our days of scouring the uncharted corners of the NBA blogosphere for sustenance are over! Rejoice!
 
We can now gorge ourselves on the debuts of anticipated rookies of Blake Griffin and John Wall. We can now get our fill (and more) of the Heat, whether you watch them to witness greatness or to cheer for their downfall. You can even load up on the boundless preseason optimism for your team, as that stuff is quick to go (especially for a Timberwolves fan like myself). 
 
Be happy my friends. Meal time has arrived, and you will go hungry no more.
 
 
Programming Note:
 
You may have noticed that the season has started and I have yet to post all of the PRB's season previews. Never fear, they are on the way, and the timeless wisdom of the I Ching is not swayed by early season results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment